What Each eCommerce Platform Provides to the Small Business
Shopify and WooCommerce are both eCommerce platforms that are used to create smaller online stores for those businesses looking to expand to an online market. Both of these interfaces are popular and well-known throughout the online market, which is why many business owners look towards using one of these over others. The professionals at web design Ottawa understand the importance of the right eCommerce platform, as this can make the shop successful or not.
Each has its own set of positives and negatives, and the one chosen depends on the needs that you have as a business owner, and the products and services you are looking to sell.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is web-based and the software is held and maintained through the company. This means that the owner of the shop does not have to maintain, update, or change anything that has to do with this interface. They offer a series of features that some find versatile, as well as fast and easy setup, making them an ideal choice for first-timers. Not only that, but those on a budget might be tempted to use this software over others because of the pricing options available.
- 100+ templates to use
- Hosting and SSL encryption included
- Allows for blogs to be built and maintained
- Content management system
- SEO friendly, with built-in analytics and reports
- Sell products on the webpage, or through social media platforms
- App store that has 1500+ plugins to expand the store’s functionality
- 70+ supported payment options to choose from
- 24/7 support – live chat, email, phone, community forums and tutorials
- Use discount codes and coupons built into the platform
- And much more…
What is WooCommerce
WooCommerce is a free plugin that is used for WordPress websites. It offers endless customization of the shop and products inside the website. This is also flexible and easy to use, making it ideal for those who have WordPress websites that they want to sell on. The developers of the website and store, as well as the owner, have complete control over this store and can change, update, and customize as they see fit.
- Choose from 30+ designs and add to 1000+ WordPress themes
- You maintain control over the website and store
- Ongoing support
- Integration works flawlessly with the website you own
- Geolocation shipping and tax calculator built-in
- Discount codes and coupons can be added
- 300+ extensions that can be added to your store for customization
- Sell physical, digital or affiliate products
- Built-in analytics and reports
- 5 payment gateways included, but the ability is there to add more if needed
Speak with a Web Design Specialist
Those who are considering a web design that includes an eCommerce platform, then speak with the professionals at Web Design Ottawa. They have the knowledge needed to recommend the best platform for your specific needs. This is essential at building a platform that is user-friendly but also meets all of the needs that you have. Call them to learn more and set up your online store.
Web Design Ottawa
2255 St Laurent Blvd Suite 130
Ottawa Ontario K1G 4K3
Visit us on social media: